Birth registration certificate of Children
There are many Benefits of birth registration. It is useful at various places if the birth registration certificate is issued from any of the concerned Registrar:
- At the following places birth certificates are compulsory:
- At the time of admission in school.
- As Age proof of at the time of main Identification Cards and for employment.
- In case it is required to verify parentage.
- Age proof for insurance and other official purpose.
Process of applying for a Child birth certificate
For Birth Certificate Registration take Form from the concerned registrar’s office. After filling the form submit it to the Registrar. Birth report provided by the hospital where the birth tool place and Id Cards of the parents are required along with the form.
After verification of the birth records Registrar can issue birth certificate. It can be obtained with or without the name of the child.
Register the birth of a child
When birth has taken place in a house or at outside the house the registration applicantion can be provided at related authority office. When birth took place in Hospitals the Deputy Superintendent of the hospitals and officers In-charge of referral hospital and PHCs are the authority. In Maternity Home and other like Institution: Medical officer In-charge.
Where to contact for Birth Registration:
- In Rural Areas – these Offices and authorities are appointed as Birth Registrar
- Panchayat Secretaries, Gram Sevak and Gram Vikasadhikari.
- Medical Officer In-charge or equivalent.
- Village Accountants / Village Administrative Officers.
- SHO / Incharge Police Officials in Jammu & Kashmir.
- Primary School Teachers and Head Teacher Primary School in Mizoram and Nagaland
- Circle Officer/Village Level Workers in Arunachal Pradesh.